Language and Literacy
- Today Mia's dad Artutro came in to read to the Pre-K class for the last time this year. He read Naked Mole Rats Get Dressed and Crazy Hair Day because today was crazy hair day in our class!
Morning Meeting: Talking about endings -Where will you go to kindergarten next year? Are you excited, nervous or both? How does it feel to be leaving buckle my shoe?
- Louis: I'm going to kindergarten at France!
- Dylan: I'm going to the same school as Arun but i'll only see him at lunch because I'm taking mandarin.
- Della: I feel sad to leave.
- Fjola: I'm going to the school close to my house.
- Arun: So i'm not really going to see Dylan because he's in Chinese and I'm in Spanish.
- Zachary: I'm going to PS 89 with Colin.
- Tessa: I'm going to PS 89 too!
- Leo: I feel sad because I don't want to leave the kids here. My kindergarten is on the 3rd floor.
- Cole: I'm going to my sister's school.
- Charley: I'm going to Little Red. I'm sad because I'm going to miss all of my friends.
- David John: Sad, normal, happy. I feel sad because I'll miss Colin he's not going to be at my school.
- Mia: I'm going to PS 89 happy and sad because I love this school and i'm going to miss Fjola.
- Adlai: PS 243 I'm feeling great, I want to go right now!
- Pearl: PS 53 sad because I'm going to miss Chocolate Milk and all my friends.
- Colin: I feel good about it because it's close to my house.
- Tracing - Students placed tracing paper over different illustrations or photographs in books and traced different images.
- Louis traced a bobcat.
- Arun traced a naked mole rat.
- Mia traced a pig.
- Charley traced an elephant.