Language and Literacy
- Books: Ms Nelson is Missing and Twenty Yawns.
Morning Meeting Journal Share Time
- Alexander: I went to St. Lucia. This is the breakfast, I fed the cats at every meal. This is me and my brother at the swimming pool. This is the local band and me any brother. The "tuk tuk" is like a taxi but its bigger and longer! This is the waterfall but the volcano is more inland so we couldn't see it. This is a drawing of the coconuts that fell on my head. This is me and my family on a boat going to see the fruit bats. And this is me and my dad on a floatable sofa.
- Zachary: Did it hurt when the coconut fell on your head?
- Alexander: Yes it hurt!
- Tessa: Did you know the coconuts would fall on your head?
- Alexander: No!
- Dylan: Did you see a shark in the ocean?
- Alexander: I saw fish but no sharks!
- Leo: How did the coconut fall on your head?
- Alexander: I think the tree wiggled.
Recycled Art- Today we continued working on an exhibit for the Buckle My Shoe Recycled Art Fair.
- Making Flowers Using Recycled Caps
- Mia: The bracelets are the center of the flower.
- Jay: The caps are the leaves, and the red thing is the middle of the flower.
- Adlai: Mine is a Rose that looks like a ship!
- Fjola: It's a pink rose and it's me as a mermaid.
- Zachary: I used the green caps as pedals!
- Paper Plate Butterflies
- Charley: This is the queen butterfly because it has rainbow colors so its a rainbow butterfly.
Play dough -Friday afternoon students made play dough.
- Ines: We're making a butterfly cake!
- Mia: With candles you can eat!