Language and Literacy
- Books: I Can Read with My Eyes Shut - Dr. Seuss
Morning Meeting: What materials will you use for our recycled art garden?
- Arun: Garbage and empty bottles.
- Cole: Cans with grass.
- Mishaan: Lids and paint bubble wrap green.
- Zachary: Recycle sparkly water caps.
- Louis: I want to make the grass and flowers with paint.
- Fjola: Red cans for the head of the garden.
- Jay: Cans for the trees.
- David John: I'm gonna use those lids to make a creative thing.
- Della: We can use the tops of cans to make steps.
- Ines: White stuff for the bottom of the garden.
- Colin: As the dirt, I'm going to use bubble wrap.
- Adlai: I've been thinking we could use the caps for little flowers.
- Tessa: We could make a scarecrow. We could use the egg cartons to paint flowers on top.
- Artemis: Paint the caps and make a snail house.
- Leo: Caps and paint to make a map of flowers.
- Charley: We could use caps for trees.
- Pearl: We could make flowers with seeds and water!
May Self Portraits
- David John: My eyes, my nose, my mouth, my head, my hair, my body, my arms, and my legs. I'm enjoying my baby sister. She's a week old!
- Zachary: This is the story of Zachary and the bad guys. The chicken's name is Floppy pants. We put chicken in the fire and the fire exploded.
- Colin: My legs, my arms, my nose, mouth, my hair, arms, legs, and hands. I'm at school playing in the block area.
- Tessa: This is my hair and eyebrows.
- Mishaan: I'm at home with my brother.
- Arun: An alien spaceship is on my head.
- Leo: Under the good guys and the bad guys' layers, there's a big explosion.
- David John: Mud pies for sale! I think I put a worm in there!
- Pearl: They are moving a lot.
- Jay: They're just making cocoons.