Language and Literacy
- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
What special theme days should we have after graduation?
- Mishaan: Pajama party!
- Arun: We could make a party with 20 pinatas!
- Ines: A dress up party with tea.
- Dylan: A movie party.
- Louis: We dress up as animals that have tails.
- Tessa: I want a pajama party too.
- Leo: Maybe we can have a field trip to my house.
- Artemis: Flashlight party.
- Zachary: Dance party.
- Colin: Maybe you can dress up as whatever you want.
- Cole created a survey when he got to school. He asked his friends what their favorite flavor of medicine is: Bubble gum, cherry, berry, or grape. Bubble gum won!
- Arun asked which flavor gum was their favorite: mint, bubble gum, bunny, or chocolate milk. Bubble gum won again!
Graduation poster collage
- Students cut out pictures of themselves and their peers and glued them onto a large poster. During this process, we remember all of the things we have done this year!
- Tessa: We're making a dog house for Della.
Art - Several students worked together to create one new animal. They showed it to the class after centers.
- Charley: It's a toothless fox!
- Louis: It's a fox polar bear! It eats all the animals. I made the spots and the stripes.
- Arun: I made a leg.
- Charley: I made the head and I cut it out.
- Leo: I made the animal bones.
- Ines: I made the legs and the tail.
- Dylan: I made stripes on the hand pointing that way.