Language and Literacy
- I Know a Shy Fellow that Swallowed a Cello. -We bought this book at the Philharmonic yesterday!
- Book of the Day: Down in the Station and Tuby the Tuba -Leo
Morning Meeting: What was your favorite brass instrument from our field trip yesterday?
- Charley: The tuba because it has a low sound,
- Artemis: The trumpet is my favorite because it has a loud sound.
- David John: the trombone is my favorite because it makes slow music so it can calm down babies.
- Louis: the tuba is so big it can not make loud sounds it only makes low sounds.
- Cole: trumpet because it makes low music.
- Della: My favorite is the trombone because it's big.
- Fjola: Trombone!
- Mia: the big violin is my favorite because I played it at the end.
- Mishaan: French horn because it was scary in the beginning.
- Zachary: french horn because it sounds scary.
- Tessa: trumpet.
- Ines: I like the tuba because it makes a low sound.
- Adlai: Tuba because its so low.
- Dylan: French horn because I like the sound because its round and funny.
- Leo: Tuba because it makes a low sound.
- Colin: Trumpet because i have a musical thing at home that has a trumpet in it.
- Pearl: I like the trombone because it plays low music.
Partner Centers -Today during centers we assigned each student with a friend they don't play with every day. This encourages students to broaden friendships while trying new activities.
- Mia: Alexander first wanted to go to the block area but I wanted to go to salt dough, so we came to salt dough and then we'll go to blocks after. We're making a pizza together!
- Louis: I wanted to come to salt dough and Della wanted to come here too! I'm making a moon, a moon with holes because real moons have holes.
- Mishaan: Ines wanted to play slime and I wanted to play beads so we played with the slime for a little and now we're playing beads!
- David John: We decided together, right Pearl! (Slime table).
- Charley: This is called letter chasing. Me and Colin are learning the letters, but we already know them.
- Today Mishaan received a letter in the mail from his dad! We looked at the envelope, including Mishaan's name, the school's address, and the return address.
Drawing our Favorite Instruments
- Louis: I'm drawing the tuba! It's my favorite.
- Charley: I made the tuba.
- Pearl: An Island!
- Cole: Dinosaurs head!
- Adlai: A cake, these are the candles.
- Louis: The dinosaurs are putting glue on them so they can be stuck.
- Cole: It's a battle! We're trying to slime those persons!
- Adlai: 9 beads!
- Leo: Ninja turtle station!
- Zachary: Ninja station.
- Artemis: A castle.
- Cole: A sling shot form angry birds.
- Artemis: I built a water slide.