Language and Literacy
- Book of the Day: Jumanji -Colin.
Today we introduced our classroom and individual mailboxes! First each student made a label for their mail box.
- Adlai: How do you make a flower?
- Charley: I'll help you.
- Mia: Do the teachers have mail boxes?
Then we asked the students what we should do with the mailboxes?
- Artemis: Draw mailbox pictures on the mailbox!
- Leonardo: All the classes should have one.
- Mishaan: Maybe we can drill a hole in the window and stick the mailbox in there.
- Dylan: Maybe we could drill the mailbox on the wall and stick it with tape.
- Colin: Who will drill the mailbox into the wall?
- Mishaan: Maybe Bob the builder!
- Zachary: We need a screw and a drill to screw it in the wall.
After, the students got busy writing mail to each other!
- Cole: How do you write Dylan's name?
- Arun: This is for Emily.
- Louis: This card is for Leo.
- Leo: But I'm doing one for my mom!
- Mia: This is a Mia mermaid for Fjola!
- Today during soccer, we practiced scoring goals on Coach Lino. The students scored many goals. Next, we worked on a special soccer skill of "waking up" the cones backwards. Then we kicked the cones into the goal.