Language and literacy
- We had the pleasure of having Mia's parents, Paola and Arturo, come into our class today and read Aladdin: The Search for Sultan's Stone, to the Pre-K class. They each did different voices in the story. The children loved it, and we are looking forward to them coming back and reading to us again!
- Freeze Dance
- Jack in the Box
Morning Meeting Share Time: Hello Bunny Lovers!
Today we brainstormed names for the bunny with the children. Each of us chose a potential name for the bunny and then we took a vote! Our class decided that our bunny's name will be Chocolate Milk!
- How will we make our room safe and welcoming for our bunny?
- Artemis: We can decorate our classroom for the bunny to feel welcomed.
- Mishaan: We can decorate his cage.
- Della: We can make the bunny pictures and put them on his cage.
- Cole: We can be quiet.
- Charley: We can make pictures.
- Louis: We can make pictures.
- Pearl: We can give the bunny hugs to make him feel safe.
- Adali: We can show him parts of the room.
- Ines: We can touch the bunny gently to make him feel safe.
- David John: We can feed the bunny.
- Fjola: We can pet the bunny but we need to ask.
- Jay: Why do bunnies hop? We can watch it hop.
- Tessa: How can bunnies hold their eyes open longer than us?
- Dylan: We can decorate his cage and put candy in it and give him a costume.
- Alexander: We can gently pet it.
- Arun: We can discover what his teeth look like.
- Mia: We can put flowers on his cage so he feels welcomed.
- Zachary: We can decorate the table.
- Leo: We can walk carefully.
- Making welcome pictures for our bunny
- David John: I'm drawing our bunny eating a carrot.
- Ines: My bunny is happy to see us.
- Charley: I'm going to make me as a bunny wearing a dress with a bunny on it.
- Arun: I'm making a picture for the bunny.
- Della: I made a rainbow picture for the bunny to feel safe.
- Tessa: This is our bunny eating a carrot, it has a smile.
- Cole: I made a picture for the bunny
- Zachary: His first name can be chocolate and his last name can be milk!
Blocks, trains, and legos
- Cole: We're building a space castle.
- Mishaan: It's a space castle zoo.
- Mia: We're pretending to be Rapunzel!
- Pearl: Rapunzel has long hair just like us.
- Louis: Everyone eat your dessert!
- Charley: I'm making a tomato and lettuce sandwich.
- Jay: I need to warm the chips up.
- Leo: Can I have dinner too?
- Alexander: We can't eat all of this food alone.
Science and Sensory
- Kinetic sand
- Free Play