Language and Literacy
- Giraffes Can't Dance!
- Astonishing Animals, ABCs
Morning Meeting: Good Morning Animals Lovers!
- The Roaring Greeting
- Keeping a steady beat while roaring like lions makes for an exciting greeting!
- Group Activity: You like that Zoo Animal? Me, Too!
- Mishaan: I like Penguins because I like watching them swim.
- Artemis: Seagulls because they jump up and say hi in their own way.
- Charley: I like the big cats because they roar so loud.
- Dylan: Gorillas are my favorite because they climb up on trees and jump very high and they pick bananas without jumping.
- Louis: I like the big cats because they climb trees,
- Colin: I like monkeys because they watch bats upside down.
- Zachary: Lions are my favorite zoo animal because they run really fast.
- Jay: Cheetahs because they are fast!
- Tessa: Gorillas because they pound on chest.
- Mia: Giraffes because they can reach the leaves.
- Leo: I like monkeys because they swing. I like climbing and monkeys like climbing.
- Della: Bunny because they have soft fur.
- Fjola: Monkeys because they eat bananas.
- Ines: Giraffes, they eat trees.
- Cole: Cheetahs are my favorite because they run really really fast.
- Adlai: I like bats because they hang upside down and they can fly.
- French with Florence
- Today we had french with Florence. We started our lesson with the Bonjour song. Then we counted to seventeen in french. After we rolled a big dice with different body parts on each side and did the hokey pokey in french! We ended our lesson with the Au Revoir song.
- Muddy Animals Prints
- Today we made animal prints with our pretend animals. The children jumped right into the messy fun! The cat, horse, and gorilla were all first to take a roll in the mud. It wasn't long until all the animals left their little prints everywhere!
- Cole: It's a cat!
- Tessa: Horse prints!
- Dylan: I made gorilla prints like a real gorilla.
- Louis: Gorilla prints are the biggest.
- Animal Painting
- Mia: My giraffe has a crown and a cape.
- Charley: A lion in the sun!
- Fjola: That's the giraffe eating a tree.
- Flubber -Cole brought in homemade flubber he made over the weekend. The children really enjoyed this, thanks Cole and Rebecca!
- Jay: It's a pancake!
- Pearl: I'm a cookie monster.
- Tessa: I made a blue ice pop.
- Mia: Mix! Mix!
- Fjola: Let's mix sparkles!
- Cole: We're making a big flat pancake.
- Charley: We're about to make a blue cake.
- Water Bead Potion
- Della: It's a magical potion that will make us fly!
- Pearl: It feels like a pool, but smells like sea weed.
- Della: Rain fall!
- Pearl: Rainbow!
Individual Block Building
- Mishaan: Me and Colin know how to connect them, build a bridge!
- Charley: We're making a castle.
- Dylan: This is a road for Adlai's car and it goes into a castle.
- Adlai: There's 3 roads for car to get exercise, but here's a house there are 3 rooms. I'm still building it.
- Leo: I'm making a castle house. I'm only using squares because I want to make a square castle house.
- Jay: Look! You need two of these to make squares.
- Leo: I made a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom.