Today was pajama day in the Pre-K classroom.After morning meeting we sang Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Jingle Bells. Then we made a runway out of hollow blocks and had a pajama fashion show with the 3AB class! Then we watched Frosty the Snowman together and had cookies and hot cocoa.
Language and Literacy
- 13th street book - Our friends at 13th street made a book for us and sent it in the mail!
Morning Meeting: Good Morning Santa's Helpers!
- What should we leave for Santa on Christmas eve?
- David John: Cookies and Milk!
- Louis: A goodness pie and carrots for the reindeer.
- Dylan: Hot chocolate and pie.
- Tessa: We can leave him marshmallows.
- Ines: Nothing because I don't have a chimney.
- Mishaan: I'll see santa because I sleep with my eyes open.
- Leo: I'll see santa because I'm nocturnal.
- Charley: We should leave santa milk and a monkey because he likes monkeys.
- Cole: I don't have any carrots.
- Artemis: Muffins and hot chocolate.
- Colin: We should leave milk for santa.
Cranberry and Marshmallows with toothpicks
- Mishaan: I'm making a snowman because I am a snowman.
- Colin: I'm making a snowman too.
- Tessa: Pearl's toothpicks look like the rope in our gym.
- Pearl: That's what it is!
- Some students learned how to play the dreidel game. They took turns spinning their dreidels. They learned the different possible outcomes: nun (nothing), shin (put one in), gimmel (win the pot), hay (win half of the pot). Whenever the middle pot was empty, each player had to put one of their chips in.
Making zoo signs
- Dylan: I'm making a giraffe.
- Tessa: How do you write "keep out?"
- Tessa: It's Santa's work shop.
- Today we had french with Florence. We started our lesson with the Bonjour song. Then Florence had the students choose a small, medium or large colored pom pom ornament to place on the christmas tree. Then each student glued their pom pom onto the tree!