Language and Literacy
- Silver Spurs -Leo's Mom Sylvia came in to read this christmas story to us today.
Morning Meeting: Good Morning Kind Hearted Children! Today, we had our kindness jar party. For each act of kindness we witnessed a friend doing since we introduced the jar in November, we dropped a pom pom in the jar! Today, the jar is finally full and we had our hot chocolate party!
- Name an act of kindness you witnessed at school or at home recently:
- Charley: This morning I was so cold walking to school so mommy hugged me to make sure I was warm.
- Della: I like school!
- Artemis: My brother hugs me all the time.
- Leo: My mom reads me a book at night time, she always reads sleeping beauty.
- Jay: When I come back from school my mom hugs me.
- Louis: When I was at home I gave my mom a kiss.
- Tessa: I like school.
- Cole: My mom puts notes in my lunch.
- Pearl: I love school so much!
- Mishaan: This morning my brother gave me so many hugs!
- Zachary: One of Hudson's baby friends gave me so many hugs I almost fell down.
- Fjola: Last night Valdi told me he loved me.
- Arun: When Mommy let me have chocolate chip cookies.
- Dylan: My mommy gives me kisses when she gets home from work.
- Colin: I love school!
- Adlai: I love my whole entire family
- David John: When I asked my mom at breakfast she gave me a kiss on the cheek.
- Building our Zoo
- Charley: This is a leaf for baby birds to come in and this is a home for an alligator.
- Jay: Im making a big stack with all the squares in the world.
- Charley: We're building an airport.
- Arun: All the animals need to go somewhere so we're putting them at the airport.
Bring a toy from home day
- Tell us about your toy:
- Artemis: My piggies can stand up, sit down, and turn around.
- Mishaan: This is Barnacle from Octonauts. He drives the Gup and he can hang on the anchor.
- Tessa: I got two things. I go to the zoo and and there was baby snow leopards. This one is from a craft fair. I saw this unicorn. Someone knitted the whole thing. Its legs can move.
- Leo: My toy's not even a toy. It's a real dump truck that can open and close.
- Pearl: I brought a little puppy to school. I lost it, maybe it's in the block area.
- Adlai: This car is a special car. It's called Destroyer. It can shoot two bullets out.
- Cole: It's a ninja turtle. It can turn it's head backwards. It's arms and legs can move.
- Jay: It's an orange and black slinky.
- Alexander: It's a motorcycle without wheels.
- Fjola: A long long time ago I buy this owl at a store.
- Zachary: this guy is from a movie and his name is Chewbaca. He can move his arms all the way around, and he has a little backpack.
- Charley: My mommy bought this alligator from New Orleans. Also in New Orleans they eat alligators.
- Louis: This toy is not really a toy. It can transform into a dinosaur. It has claws.
- Colin: This is my owl, and it flew away and then it flew back. Its name is Pinky.
- Della: It's a Olaf. It glows, but it shows better in the night.
- Dylan: This is Mali from Moana. He's a shape shifter and he can turn into any animal.
- David John: This is a truck. It's a Hess truck. It brings gas to other trucks. And it can drive backwards and forwards.
Music with Isabella
- Hello, say your name
- High/Low Game - When Isabella played a low note, students had to crouch down low. When Isabella played a high note, students had to reach up high.
- Tubby the Tuba - We heard more of the story of Tubby, who wanted to play the melody in the music.