Language and Literacy
- They All Saw a Cat
- Bats at the Beach
Music with Evan:
Our Music teacher Evan came into our class today and sang songs with the children. He played music on his guitar and a special wooden flute with an eagle on top of it. After Evan had played the flute, Adlai said, "Excuse me, I like how you were playing that." Zachary was excited to pet the eagle, "I'm petting the eagle!" he said.
- Wake up Song.
- Blow the Balloon.
- We flew with a balloon to outer space. We said, "Hi Sun, Hi Mars, Hi Stars."
- Goodbye Song
Morning Meeting: Good Morning Pre-K!
- Apples or Bananas?
- Dylan: Bananas!
- Arun: Bananas.
- Fjola: Bananas.
- David John: Apples.
- Louis: Bananas
- Ines: Apples!
- Cole: Bananas and Apples!
- Della: Apples
- Jay: Apples
- Tessa: Apples
- Leo: Bananas and Apples!
- Mia: Apples.
- Adali: Apples.
- Colin: Apples and Bananas!
- Zachary: Bananas
- Charley: Bananas
- Pearl: I like Pears.
- Artemis: Bananas
- Alexander: None
- We discovered that 7 friends like apples and 7 friends like bananas. Three friends like both apples and bananas, and one friend likes pears!
- Today we made play dough.
- Colin: This is Chocolate Milk!
- Jay: This is a pizza with pepperoni and chicken and its spicy.
- Cole: I made a snow man!
- Della: This is a brick wall.
- Adali: This is a really flat something.
- Observational drawings of leaves
- Colin and his did John looked closely at the veins.
- Louis: Wow the green one is so big now!
- Pearl:Big, little, big, little.
- Charley: I drew two holes on my leaf because there are two holes in the leaf. I made a teeny tiny line.
- Jay: I'm making a treasure map
- Arun: I'm making a pizza
- Louis: I made a treasure map.
- Alexander: X marks the spot! My treasure is a mystery.
- Louis: It's a mystery from pirates.
- Dylan: This is an explosion. Look how big mine is.
- Adali: I'm making an explosion too.
- David John: I drew a caterpillar.
- Zachary: This part is called Florida, this part is called Disney World.
- Tessa: It's a bouquet. I'm going to make more flowers.
- Pearl: I drew my family.
- Dylan: We're playing family.
- Mia: I'm the Mom!
- Dylan: I'm the dog and my dog name is Pizza.
Blocks, Trains, and Legos
- Alexander: I live on the top floor.
- Leo: Watch out there's a shark coming!
- Alexander: There's a fire in the house!
- Cole: Chocolate Milk is eating a carrot out of my hand!