This morning we got to revisit some of our favorite activities as we wind down for the year. We did more cutting practice with scissors, finger painting, repeating our music note experiment with various glass jars with different levels of water, and lots of magna-tiles!
Don't forget- our class party is tomorrow from 11-12- please come if you can. And if you haven't, please let us know if you can bring in some food. Thanks! We're still collecting money for pizza, too.
Wednesday is field day at Washington Market Park from 10-12. If you cannot attend with your child, please let us know today. Thank you.
Books & Songs
- During lunch we listened to a bunch of stories! We listened to Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes, Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes, A Hole in the Bottom of the Sea, The Three Little Pigs, and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- We also read a lot of stories throughout the day: The Little Engine that Could, The Tiny Seed, The Three Little Pigs and more.
- We listened to our favorite song- Ole moliba mokasi, an African song from the Putamayo collection.
Art & Sensory
- Scissor practice
- Painting with tempera paints
- Painting in ziplock bags
- Finger painting
Math & Manipulatives
- Acrylic preserved insects on the light table
- Train tracks
- Hollow blocks
- We are working on a final music project video and had to re-create some sounds for the final video today! We got to do really fun things like dumping out legos and making sounds through cardboard tubes.
- We also got to play with different jars of water and a metal spoon to listen to the different music notes.