This morning we made some pretty exciting discoveries: our caterpillars are very very big and starting to move toward the top of the container! We think they might be making their chrysalids in the next couple of days! And then we saw that our beans are growing into bean stalks! We were so excited and predict that they will reach the top of the ziplock bags very soon. We also realized that some of us added too much water to our beans and they are not growing at all.
Books & Music
- We did quite a bit of reading this morning: Biscuit's Trip to the Farm, Five Little Monkeys, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Bring a Mouse to School, Bear In The Sunshine . . . and more. We really wanted to go through all the books in our library today!
Art & Sensory
- "Caterpillar" collages with popsicle sticks, beads, small mosaic tiles, and rhinestones
- Practicing with scissors
- Drawing with markers
- Clay with popsicle sticks
- Charlie did her self-portraits
Math & Manipulatives
- Train tracks
- Building kit - Juju made a house for her cow
- Stacking blocks
Lots of climbing, rolling balls to one another, and bouncing in the gym