We were, no surprises here, in the mood for lots of stories this morning! I love the constant pace of books, everyone taking turns selecting the next story from the shelf. At one point, Rachel and Janaris were both reading different stories to a different group of kids across the classroom from each other!
Today was also Ava's last morning with us- have fun in Florida, Ava!
Books & Songs
- A selection of our many books today: Press Here, Don't Push the Button, The Three Little Pigs, Five Stinky Socks, Red Light Green Light, The Ants Go Marching, On My Way to the Bath, and so many more!
- Janaris and I are going to work on putting some brand new options in our book case this afternoon so we can expand our interest even further!
- This morning we listened to the Vitamin String Quartet- which takes modern music and tunes and puts it to string instruments.
Art & Sensory
- Painting at the easel
- Watercolor palettes with small "bookmark" paper
- Practice with scissors- Joseph, Angelo, Dylan, Zara, Juliet, Lara and Bowen all worked with scissors
- Drawing with markers
Math & Manipulatives
- Train tracks
- Building houses with hollow blocks
- Stacking blocks
- Filling picnic baskets
- Doctor play
Our regular shenanigans in the gym today!