This morning was filled with sensory experiences- we had clay, soil and sand making our class a delightful mess! We also had a special visitor- Ava! She will be joining us for a few days while she is visiting from Florida. Everyone was very excited to see her again, and it prompted some of us to ask where Sanjay is!
*Tomorrow we are planning on going out to set our butterflies free. Please make sure your child has sunscreen on before school and please send a hat and water bottle*
Books & Songs
- The Three Little Pigs, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Wheels on the Bus, Old MacDonald and many more. We were reading pretty much all morning with one friend or another!
Art & Sensory
- Making mosaics for our subway station. We used white clay and small ceramic tiles. Joseph was so excited he kept telling everyone, "I'm making it for the station!" and "I push it in!"
- Working with white clay (since we really wanted to pull it out of the mosaic bases!)
- Soil table exploration
- Sand table
- Painting our subway column/pole (each subway has the green light at the entrance of the station)
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with hollow blocks
- Magna tiles - these are our favorites right now and we're able to build more and more complex structures every day
- Train tracks
- A lot of friends wore different dress up clothing today
- Cooking in the kitchen and picnics all morning long!
- Samuel made a big pot of cucumbers that he was sharing with Ava.