We discovered something very exciting this morning as we entered the classroom: our caterpillars weren't chrysalids anymore- they finally came out and became butterflies! We have five baby butterflies walking around inside the little tent. We will let them get stronger for a few days, and hopefully by Thursday we will be able to bring them outside and let them be free!
Books & Songs
- Dancing Feet, The Three Little Pigs, Biscuit Goes to the Petting Zoo
- We had French this morning and sang If You're Happy and You Know it in French. We also counted how many kids and adults there are, and we read a story about opposites- like opening and closing our eyes.
Art & Sensory
- Painting with watercolor palettes
- Drawing with solid tempera sticks and crayons
- Playdough with insects
- Drawing and painting butterflies! We used sharpie markers to make our butterflies and then used liquid watercolor to bring them to life. They are beautiful!
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with blocks
Climbing, running, jumping and having a blast in the gym- as usual!