We were busy playing a lot of different instruments this morning. Our interest has especially grown in using drums. We will work on bringing in different kinds of drums to try out. Right now we have a hand drum that everyone uses a stick to play.
Rachel: What instrument does Evan bring that has strings?
Angelo: Not the drum, that's sticks!
Dylan: A guitar has the strings.
Books & Songs
- Don't Push the Button (our favorite this week!!), The Pigeon Needs a Bath, and What Pet Should I Get? (Samuel wants to have a pet Gorilla like in the book "When Sophie Gets Angry, Really Really Angry.")
- Today we did something different- we listened to classical music while we were in the gym to see if it would change the type of play that happened. Somehow everyone was even more active than ever! We are going to keep testing this out to see what happens over time.
Art & Sensory
- Drawing with oil pastels on black paper
- Using tweezers to pick up pom-poms
- Using gems and model magic - Juju made a present for her Daddy
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with bristle blocks
- Hollow blocks
- Magna-tiles - Zara and Angelo worked cooperatively to make a big house with the magna-tiles
- Joseph discovered a new wooden peg board that he could use for the pegs instead of the foam. He worked really hard to get the pegs to stand up in the new holder.
- We continued to have more doctor play this morning, but mostly focusing on giving each other shots/vaccines!
- Filling up picnic baskets and shopping for food
Music with Evan
- We had a wonderful time dancing and singing with Evan today! He brought back his troll friend, Shooby, and we danced with her, too.
Climbing, sliding, and tickling friends!