Welcome back! We hope you all had an amazing Spring break, filled with adventures near and far. We had such a smooth transition back today- everyone was ready to work and play (and get ready for our very busy week next week- Week of the Young Child!).
Just a re-cap of our special events happening all next week:
Monday: Music Monday- we will be having a special time with Josie sharing finger plays and songs with us (we'll get you a time asap in case you'd like to join us). We'll also be making some of our own instruments and listening to music from all over the world. Suggestions welcome!
Tuesday: Tasty Tuesday- we will be making vegetarian tacos and quesadillas! We'll also make our own lemonade, and maybe a special after-lunch treat.
Wednesday: Work Together Wednesday- We will be working on fundraising for the charity Hopes & Heroes with some special artwork and books for sale (all made by the children!)
Thursday: Messy Thursday- we'll be working on tie dye shirts, painting in our diapers on a large canvas on the floor, and working with oobleck!
Friday: Family Friday- our special person/grandparent day. From 9-10 we welcome you to bring a family member (Moms and Dads are totally fine!!!) or family friend to join us for a special breakfast, planting activity, and free play.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Books & Songs
- Don't Push the Button, Twinkle Twinkle, The Wheels on the Bus, Llama Llama Yum Yum Yum, The Duck in the Truck, All Aboard!, Panda Bear Panda Bear
- We sang all throughout the day- We love to sing!! ABCs, Wheels on the Bus, Twinkle Twinkle, No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (but we subbed the kids names into the song)
Art & Sensory
- Drawing with crayons & oil pastels
- Making butterflies by squeezing paint onto paper and folding it. We counted to ten and revealed the beautiful butterflies!
- Painting our flower pots for special person day
Math & Manipulatives
- Hollow block building
- Train tracks
- Counting everything we used today!
- Recently Zara has been very interested in being either a person or an animal doctor and listened to lots of different heartbeats today
- Wearing different shoes, sunglasses, and other accessories
In the gym we jumped like monkeys, tossed and caught balls, held hands with each other, and enjoyed ourselves!