Sorry for lack of blog post yesterday- we're back to normal today!
A big thank you to Joseph's Daddy, Gary, for coming and reading with us on Wednesday morning. We were treated to two excellent stories: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems, and Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle. We really enjoyed the books!
And thank you to Angelo's Mommy, Renata, for reading with us this morning. She brought two of Angelo's favorite books: Penguin on Vacation and Anton and the Battle. We even re-read the books during our lunchtime. Thanks for sharing!
Don't forget- tomorrow is our exciting character costume party and tea party. Can't wait to see all the amazing characters!
Books & Songs
- Some other stories we read this morning include: The Subway Sparrow, The Ants Go Marching, Pancakes!, The Pigeon Needs a Bath, Red Light, Green Light
- Some of the songs we sang today: Good morning, Hurry hurry drive the subway, I have two eyes to see with, and I Can.
Art & Sensory
- Painting with dried roses, with both the petals and the stems
- Drawing with crayons and colored pencils on notepads
- Water table with animals
Math & Manipulatives
- Building on the light table with translucent stackers
- Cars, trains, tracks
- Building kit
- Cooking, going to the store, and pretending to buy groceries.
- Dylan pretended that our big giraffe was cleaning his hands by licking them!
- Samuel listened to the giraffe's heart beat
Music with Evan
Evan sang some wonderful songs with us, and also allowed us to play a "talking drum." When you squeeze the drum with your arms, it makes a high pitched sound. When you let it go or hold it loosely, it makes a low pitch.
Gym time was filled with subway play, going down the slide multiple friends at a time, and running around in circles! Also, Samuel asked everyone if they had hotdogs or hamburgers!