This morning our elephant was even bigger! We poured out the cloudy water and added some fresh water to see if we can get it to grow a little bit more. Bowen added, "I really like that elephant." And Zara still insisted, "I still think it's going to change green!"
*Please note that Buckle My Shoe will be closed tomorrow due to Blizzard Stella. All NYC DOE Public schools are closed*
Books & Songs
- Two little blackbirds (Two little blackbirds sitting on a hill, one named Jack and the other named Jill. Fly away Jack. Fly away Jill. Come back Jack. Come back Jill), The hokey pokey, Wheels on the bus, ABCs
- Pancakes!, Tap Tap Bang Bang, Don't Push the Button, Rawr!
Art & Sensory
- Painting with shades of green in preparation for St. Patty's day and Spring!
- Flubber play
- Drawing with oil pastels
- Playing with a large roll of paper
- "Snow" cotton balls in the sensory table
Math & Manipulatives
- Recycled materials on the light table
- Tinker toys
- Filling different jars with pegs
- Train tracks
- Zara, Charlie and Joseph were filling up baskets and walking around the room together
- Dylan made tea and fresh water to share
- Taking care of baby dolls and putting diapers on them
- Trying on different shoes and boots
In the gym we did a lot of cooperative play and worked on building our strong muscles!