*Don't forget- Picture day is next Wednesday!! *The week of March 20th is Literacy week and you can sign up to be a guest reader *Please sign up to bring "Baby Pinky" home for a weekend*
Our pink elephant grew a little bit overnight! Here are some of our observations:
Angelo: It's big!
Zara: It's gonna be green now?
Joseph: It's green now. Green! It's growing! (It's still pink)
Dylan: It's gonna be blue.
Bowen: It's pink. It looks like an elephant.
Angelo: The elephant is eating it (the water).
Dylan: I forgot blue in the store. It's going to turn it blue.
Olli: Uh-oh. What this is?
Lara: Elephant! Pink pink!
Joseph: What's in the water? Elephant!
Bowen: It's gonna get bigger, Joseph.
Joseph: I want to get it out.
We will observe our elephant again on Monday and see if it's gotten any bigger. It's been a really wonderful conversation starter, and we've grown an attachment to our little elephant already!
Books & Songs
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm, Pancakes!, The Three Little Pigs, Tap Tap Bang Bang, The Gruffalo
- We had music class with Isabella today. We continued listening to Peter and the Wolf and matching instruments to characters.
Art & Sensory
- Loose parts and recycled materials
- Gluing tissue paper circles
- Cotton ball "snow" in the sensory table
Math & Manipulatives
- Hollow blocks and animals
- Train tracks
- Bowen and Dylan were doctors working on healing Rachel with medicines and shots.
- Zara did a lot of cooking in the kitchen, and also started putting diapers on the baby dolls with Charlie.
- Dressing up in different shoes- we had red boots and sparkly sandals donated for us to play with- we hope to get more shoes soon, it's a huge interest that we all share right now.
We played with the lights off in the gym for most of the time today! It was soothing.