This morning we were lucky enough to repeat our baking soda and vinegar experiment, so the same happy and awed faces. Each time the bubbles burst up from the vinegar and baking soda, Olli would exclaim, "Uh-oh! Uh-oh!" Angelo tried to catch the bubbles in his hand, and his tactic caught on quickly. Everyone raced their fingers toward where the vinegar was going to be poured next. We will be doing more science experiments very soon- perhaps some dancing raisins next!
Books & Songs
- I'm a Little Teapot, The Wheels on the Bus at the Zoo, Potty, The Three Little Pigs (we LOVED reading the three little pigs today!), Let's Play, Five Little Monkeys, Are You My Mother? and more!
- We sang: Good morning and Around and Around during circle time, and then read stories together. We are improving in our ability to sit and attend during circle time! :)
Art & Sensory
- Sand table
- Watercolor painting on "rain drops" for our weather study
- Shades of gray painting for a big stormy cloud
- Lara and Dylan worked on their self portraits
Today in French we talked all about food - we were finishing our snacks when Florence arrived, and our whole conversation centered around food.
- Baking soda and vinegar
Click here to see the video of our baking soda and vinegar play: https://youtu.be/UZEq7z5uEgc
Math & Manipulatives
- Colander with pipe cleaners
- Building kit
- Tons of cooking, as always!
- Wearing costumes and dressing up.
- Racing and running in the gym!
Running in the gym- Video here: https://youtu.be/UB2PrAY8cDA