This morning we continued to talk about what animals we feel like, and how those animals feel. We are almost ready to draw our animal, and then to start work on our masks! We got a bigger variety of animals today, and some lovely ideas about how the animals feel based on their expressions and temperaments in the wild.
Angelo: Bear. A bear say RAWR! He feels good today.
Sanjay: A turtle. A turtle feels happy.
Lara: Owl, hoo hoo!
Zara: A rabbit. I eat carrots. He's sad (the bunny image does have a sad expression).
Juju: I feel a rabbit! I'm the rabbit!
Bowen: A deer.
Dylan: I feel like a butterfly, like Daddy.
Books & Songs
It felt like we were constantly reading stories today! We love everyone's interest in engaging with stories. Here's a selection of the books we went through today:
- Who's In The Garden?, Ship Shapes, Secret Seahorse, Oh, No!, Rawr, Dinosaur Farm, Ten Baby Bears, Happy Feet, Ten Stinky Socks, Jamberry, Pop Up Jungle . . .and way more!
- We sang: Five Little Monkeys, The Wheels on the Bus
Art & Sensory
- We used cotton balls on clothespins to paint with
- Drawing on register paper with crayons and tempera sticks (this gave us the ability to draw really long lines)
- Model magic
- Drawing on a lazy susan while it's spinning- this was very fascinating! Everyone was so eager to take a turn.
- Gluing circles (made from our recycled paintings)
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with magna-tiles
- Counting animals in different stories today- Angelo and Bowen were particularly interested in counting.
- Building with Legos
- Bristle Blocks
- Zara continued making a little tea party in the kitchen
- Dylan made more cakes and "baked them upstairs in the oven," like we do when we have real cooking projects.
- Bowen and Juju also spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking various dishes.
Lots of ball tossing while we were in the gym today, and going down the slides with each other.