Dylan grabbed his Metrocard and immediately got onto the "subway." We used cardboard boxes as our subway today. We'll continue to construct our own version of the subway and talk about all the letters and numbers. We also read one of our favorite stories- Subway.
Another fun project we engaged with was using pine branches as brushes. Olli, Lara and Dylan spent a lot of time carefully moving the branches up and down and tapping an imprint onto the paper.
Books & Songs
- We did a lot of reading, as always! The Three Little Pigs, Subway, Old MacDonald Had a Farm, Where is the Green Sheep?, Ten Brown Bears
- We sang: Around and around, Ring around the rosy, Hurry hurry drive the firetruck, Twinkle Twinkle
Art & Sensory
- Drawing with markers and crayons
- Model magic- making snakes, balls, cakes, pancakes . . . such creativity!
- Painting with pine branches
- Drawing portraits- Angelo & Lara
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with so many different materials. Most of our mornings are spent building and constructing things right now. We use blocks, tinker toys, bristle blocks, recycled materials, magna-tiles, and more.
- Counting dots
- Zara made a table out of a cardboard box that broke and became long and flat. She set up a tea party and used different bowls and tools to do all of her cooking.
- Sanjay, Angelo and Joseph did a lot of cooking as well
Fun play together in the gym.