This morning was filled with reds and pinks and glittery sparkles. We made lots of decorations for our party tomorrow. We're so excited!
Books & Songs
- Llama Llama, I Love You; The Day it Rained Hearts; Happy Valentine's Day Curious George; Firebears The Rescue Team; The Wheels on the Bus at the Zoo
- We sang: Skinny ma rinky dinky dink, Days of the week, Around and around, Hurry hurry drive the firetruck, Five Little Monkeys
Art & Sensory
- Fingerpainting with red, pink and gold
- Watercolor hearts
- Tempera paint with glitter
- Drawing with Valentine's colors
- Mono prints by squirting paint onto a tray and then putting paper on top - Sanjay and Juju tried this today, we'll continue making mono prints all week.
Math & Manipulatives
- Building (non-stop!) We're getting a lot better at using the tools, too
- Freezer pops on the light table
- Circle pegs/mosaic
- Train tracks
French with Florence
- We talked about different types of clothing that you pack for vacation because Florence is going to France next week!
- We sang ABCs fast and slow
- Swinging, running, jumping, and having a great time in the gym
- Dylan was busy making cakes. First he made a cake for Rachel, and then he went back in the kitchen to make cakes for his Mom and Dad. He'd run back to the kitchen to see if the cakes were hot enough, or if they had cooled down and were ready for eating.
- Zara found many ways to use the freezer pops today. She put them in boxes, in cups, in bowls- she did lots of creative cooking!
- Charlie became a doctor today and checked on Rachel's heart.