This morning we had some snow waiting for us both outside, and inside! As we plunged our hands into the frigid white snow, here are some of the bits of dialogue we captured:
Olli- "Wow! Oww!"
Zara- "Cuz it was a snow day. So many snow days! I love to walk in the snow, but today I took a stroller. Snow is white. It's cold. It feels good. Yes, it's frozen rain. (Rachel had just been talking about how snow is frozen rain, but it's white and rain, water, and ice are clear).
Dylan- "It makes my fingers cold! It's not hot! It's white. It's all gone (when you hold it in your hands too long). The water is up (the fountain), and there's no snow in there."
Have a super weekend! We are looking forward to our Valentine's day party on Tuesday and can't wait to see you all for breakfast.
Books & Songs
- We read: The Wheels on the Bus at the Zoo, If You're Happy and You Know it, Oh No!
- We sang: Rock a bye baby, Five Little Monkeys & more
Art & Sensory
- Painting to classical music
- Watercolor painting
- Painting at the easel
- Painting and gluing on cardboard hearts
Science, Math & Manipulatives
- Snow- feeling the properties of snow, watching it melt
- Building kit
- Magna tiles
- Recycled materials
- Magnets and metals
- We have been playing with stuffed animals a lot more frequently and giving them voices and having them talk
- Taking care of the babies.
Music with Isabella
We started learning the different characters from Peter and the Wolf today! Here are a few videos of the different characters what we learned about and will start matching them to their instruments.
We did lots of running! We'd say "One, two, three- GO!" and everyone would run from one end of the gym to the other.