This morning we welcomed 3 new friends into our 2A classroom. A big welcome to Charlie, Oliver and Lara. We were so busy having fun and trying new activities that we don't have as many photos as usual- don't worry, we'll get back into our normal groove very soon :)
Books & Songs
- We read: Owl Babies, Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes, Twinkle Twinkle, Old MacDonald, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear?, Duck In a Truck, and more!
- We sang: Around and around, Days of the week, Wheels on the bus, Row Your Boat, Ring around the rosy, and many more.
- We did our ABC Yoga book and moved our bodies to many different positions. I think Jellyfish and Elephant pose are becoming fast favorites.
Art & Sensory
- Glue collage with letters
- Painting at the easel (I asked Dylan if he could paint with the sound of the classical music and he started doing very rhythmical circles with the paint with lots of intention and focus- I'll do my best to upload the video today).
- Water table with funnels, sifters, cups, and animals
- Drawing with a variety of markers. Sanjay decided to draw "New York City!" and Juju made plenty of little "Fish!"
- We made playdough today with orange peel for Chinese new year. Oranges are a sweet start to the new year. Everyone took turns pouring in flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, and water, plus the orange peel.
Math & Manipulatives
- Clothespins around lids- working on squeezing with our pincer grasp to strengthen our finger and hand muscles so we're able to write and draw with ease and without discomfort
- Exploring different materials on the light table
- Playing in our new recycle center- if you have recyclables, please bring them in! We need a variety of materials in our new center. Since we loved tinkering and making robots, we want to have recycled goods available at all times for the children to create with.
Movement- Soccer with Coach Sabine
Today we went on an adventure at the zoo! We woke up the giraffes, "Squish squashed" the zebras, and did lots of practice on our kicking.