This morning was filled with sensory experiences. We had oatmeal and black beans in our sensory table, a tray with epsom salts to work on our fine motor drawing skills, bags filled with colored shaving cream on the light table, and painting at the easel- to name a few!
Books & Songs
- We did lots of singing this morning: Good morning, Get up and dance, Jump in the snow, Jump in the water, Days of the week, Wheels on the bus . . . and we did some of the songs a few times by special request!
- We read: Subway, The Wheels on the Bus at the Zoo, Go Away Big Green Monster, The Apple Farmer . . .and more!
- We listened to some music and moved our bodies after circle time today.
Art & Sensory
- Oatmeal/Oats and black beans in the sensory table with animals
- Drawing with circle stickers, markers, and oil pastels
- Painting at the easel
- Mint playdough
- Self portraits- Samuel and Bowen
- Tray with epsom salt and some pre-writing stencils
Math & Manipulatives
- Shaving cream bags on the light tables with clear snowflakes. Sanjay and Juliet were making prints in the foam with the snowflakes.
- Building with magna-tiles.
Soccer with Coach Sabine
- Our soccer coach from last year, Sabine, joined us today (she's the best!).
- We had a great time learning not to use our hands as we kicked the ball into the soccer nets. We also played a super fun game where we had to wake Sabine up by gently kicking the ball at her.
- Bowen was checking up on the dinosaurs ears today to make sure he didn't have any boo boos.
- Zara still has a baby in her tummy. She played with different fabrics and a clear bin to try and get the baby's crib ready.
- We checked our mailbox today and had quite a bit of mail to look through! We got a big envelope from Ava's Auntie Rose who lives in England. We had many different postcards with: double decker buses, red telephone booths, the royal family, and the flag of England!
- We revisited our mail from the Flower Tots school in Ireland. They made us handprints as a welcome, and we want to make some handprints back.