We started off the new year with a quiet class today- but we got right back to all of our busy bustling activities! A lot of the morning was spent doing some cooking in the kitchen. Sanjay made such a wonderful feast of rice, ghee, roti, chocolate cake and cupcakes, tea, grape cake, and more! Zara took a more holistic approach and made some medicines and tea in the kitchen. Joseph worked on washing all of the dishes with Kedar.
Books & Songs
- We read: Pete the Cat Go, Pete, Go!, Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear?, Subway, Five Green and Speckled Frogs, The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See?
- We sang: Good morning, Around and Around, Where oh where is my friend?, Wheels on the bus, Days of the week, Open shut them, ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle . . .and more!
- We did our yoga book today. It was a great stretch!
- Lately it's been all about what might be inside of the instruments. Later this week or early next week we'll make our own rain tubes with sticks and rice. We'll start thinking about how things make sound in relation to each other.
- In the gym, we used the balls and tapped like drums to make lots of sound. We also opened and closed the kitchen doors very quickly and hard to make a LOUD sound. We will turn these interests into some really great sounds for a new project soon (we have a makey makey machine and can't wait to start tinkering with it!).
Art & Sensory
- January self-portraits
- Painting with tempera paints
- Drawing with oil pastels, markers, and adding circle stickers
Math & Manipulatives
- Train tracks
- Counting all of our friends during French class
- During lunchtime Zara had a special announcement: "I have a baby in my tummy. It's a girl baby." She made sure to eat her whole sandwich so she could feed herself and her baby. Tomorrow she's going to work on building a crib for the baby when she gets here.
- Lots and lots of cooking in the kitchen today
- Puppet play - we are loving the dinosaur puppet most of all.
- Juliet loved our big giraffe. She was so happy to find two baby giraffes. She ran over to the big one and said "Hello" in the voice of the baby giraffes.
French with Florence
- Florence brought a big suitcase with her filled with all sorts of clothing. Everyone had an opportunity to pick out a different piece of clothing from her suitcase.
- Sanjay did lots of "tumbling" in the gym. He loved saying, "Rachel look, I made a BIG tumble!"
- Sliding, running, jumping, laughing in the mirror.