This morning we read a story that immediately mesmerized us called Flora and the Flamingo. There are no words in the book, only images of a flamingo and a little girl dressed in a bathing suit with a cap and flippers on. Throughout the story they get to know one another and start to do the same poses. It looks like yoga at first, and then becomes a delicate and intricate dance that the two share. The final motion is a big jump and splash into the water, and then a bow. We took turns drawing the flamingo dancing, and will continue to look at this story. Perhaps we can find some music that we can play to go along with it?
Books & Songs
- We sang: Good morning, Jump in the water, Days of the week, Ring around the rosy
- We did our ABC yoga book- we have some amazing yogis in the class! We did some pretty tricky ones today. We'll keep practicing.
- We read: If You Give a Pig a Pancake, Flora and the Flamingo
Art & Sensory
- Painting with primary colors and white
- Model magic
- Drawing Flora and the Flamingo
- Beading on pipecleaners
Math & Manipulatives
- Block building
- Colorful bags on the light table
- Lots of cooking & tea making
- Taking care of babies
Soccer with Coach Lino
- We had a really great time in soccer with a new coach this week- Coach Lino. He was very sweet with the kids and had them all laughing the whole time. They practiced squish squashing the ball (crossing the midline with their feet), big kicks, little kicks, and some running.