Please note: Contracts for 2017-2018 are due back tomorrow, January 20th to ensure you get the schedule that you'd like. We open enrollment to all new interested families after tomorrow. Please email Katy (email@example.com) with any questions you might have.
Parent teacher conferences are next Friday, January 27th- no children are in school that day. Thanks!
Today a crescent moon looked over our classroom, but at one point in the day the moon disappeared and only stars remained. That's when Samuel looked up and remarked, "I don't know where the moon's gone!" And Juju said, "The moon isn't there! I see stars." Tomorrow we will make a list of all the creatures and critters that come out at night. We'll also talk about how we get ready for night time and what happens.
Books & Songs
- We read: No, David!, Go Away Big Green Monster, Subway, Hiding Phil, Giraffes Can't Dance Number Rumba, The Gruffalo
- We sang: Hello how are you?, Good Morning, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Five Little Monkeys
- This morning we saw Evan's friend Shooby (a little troll) and we danced with her because she didn't want to go to sleep.
- We sang: Wheels on the bus, Twinkle Twinkle, and the Wake Up song
Art & Sensory
- Painting with shades of brown (our sensory room near the gym is going to become a forest very soon, and we are helping to create some trees).
- Drawing on the clear easel
- Drawing with markers
- Dylan made his self portrait for the month, and then Juliet, Samuel and Kedar wanted turns to make their portraits again
- Finger painting
Math & Manipulatives
- Number sequencing puzzles
- Snowflakes on the light table
- Building with Legos
- Mosaic pieces- it's a new toy that was donated to our room where you push little pegs into a board to make an image or pattern
- We had some new toys in the kitchen today. Another donation was a set of wooden food that you can "slice" apart. Samuel and Dylan worked hard to make all the slices. And then Samuel came over with his slices of bread and got some yellow pieces from the mosaic to put butter on the toast.
- Juliet has been very interested in all of our monkey stuffed animals. She collects all of them and brings them around the room with her throughout the day.
- We have been going over and looking at our facial expressions and emotions and looking in the mirror and at the printed photos of ourselves.
- Dylan told me "I'm fine."
- Samuel said, "I'm so happy!"
- And we practiced making other faces so we can add more photos.
- We turned the swing into a rainbow with the parachute
- Balancing beam
- Driving the car
- Going down the slide