The moon came out in our classroom this morning as we listened to sounds of the night time. Crickets and owls hooting. We have been talking about days, weather and the sky, and have been reading stories about baby owls who wake up at nighttime. We also had clay, twigs and feathers out to make little owl nests. We'll continue along with this, and talk about other aspects of night and the night sky.
We also met two friends who will likely join us in February- Ollie and Lara (who goes by Lala). We had fun playing with them this morning.
Books & Songs
- The Wheels on the Bus at the Zoo, Go Away Big Green Monster, I Dreamt I Was a Dinosaur, Pete the Cat Twinkle Twinkle, Ten Baby Bears and Zara brought in Olivia and the Princess for us to read during lunch today.
- We sang: Get up and dance, Around and around is the name of the game, Days of the week, ABCs, Twinkle twinkle, Row your boat & more!
- We played instruments fast and slow, high and low.
Art & Sensory
- Clay with feathers and twigs
- Model magic- making mostly cakes and cupcakes
- Drawing on a clear easel so we could see people on the other side as we drew
- Painting with shades of brown
- Tissue paper squares and water
Math & Manipulatives
- Building train tracks
- Number sequence puzzle
- Snowflakes- counting at the light table
- Small lights in and out of boxes
- We had soccer with Coach Sabine today and had a wonderful time practicing small kicks and big "Hi-ya!" kicks.