There were only two friends in school today, so we had plenty of time to play and explore. Juliet was busy making birthday cakes. The first cake she made was for her Mommy. She made the cake and then worked with Rachel to make all of the candles. Then we sang! Once that cake was finished, we made a new one for Pinky's birthday. As we sang, Kedar clapped along.
Books & Songs
- We read: Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes, The Wheels on the Bus at the Zoo, Pete the Cat: Magic Sunglasses
- We sang: Good morning, ABCs (in French and in English), Itsy Bitsy Spider, Five Little Monkeys, Wheels on the bus, Where oh where is my friend?
- We listened to a bunch of nursery rhymes, Pete the Cat Wheels on the Bus, and some classical music by the Vitamin String Quartet (they use modern songs to make their string music).
Art & Sensory
- Drawing with oil pastels at the easel- Juju helped draw: Kedar, Rachel, Dania, and herself.
- Drawing with Tempera sticks- We made lots of circles and lines
- Painting with water on top of bleeding tissue paper
- Playing with model magic to make cakes
- Gluing cardboard shapes onto black paper
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with lincoln log type blocks
- Number puzzle sequences
- Cooking in the kitchen
- Trying on different hats (and hiding behind them!)
- Playing with all of the monkey stuffed animals
Juliet the Photographer
- Juliet became a photographer today. She used a point and shoot camera to take photos around the classroom. Everyone will have a turn with the camera over time. Here are some of her amazing photos!
French with Florence
- We went "shopping" during French today. We talked about the names and colors of many different types of food like pears, chocolate cereal, croissants, apples, strawberries and more!
- Swinging, and parachute games in the gym today.