This morning we started doing some reflection on our trip yesterday, and the types of instruments we saw. We read the book There Was a Shy Fellow Who Swallowed a Cello, and we started reading the book Magic Ears about a little girl who listens to everything in her environment. Then her aunt has a special surprise for her- tickets to go see an orchestra!! This was a longer story, so we'll finish it tomorrow.
Books & Songs
- We read: If Your Mama's a Llama, I'm The Biggest Thing in the Ocean, and Five Green and Speckled Frogs
- We sang: Good morning, There is a girl/boy in school today, Days of the week, Five Little Monkeys, ABCs (English and French), Itsy Bitsy Spider in Spanish
- We played the game where we hide some colors under a blanket and have to remember which one is missing. Zara and Juliet have been doing an amazing job with this!
Art & Sensory
- Bin with epsom salts and cars to drive around in the "snow"
- Gluing tissue paper circles
- Painting with marshmallows
- Drawing ourselves with Winter gear on
- Painting and decorating a "Snow" image for our weather chart.
- Painting with blue and silver to make icy images
Math & Manipulatives
- Duplo legos
- Building kit
- Exploring clear snowflakes on the light table
- Climbing, running, jumping, swinging and laughing in the gym today. We had such a fun time together.