A huge thank you to Galit, Joseph's Mom. She came in this morning to help us make two batches of Challah bread (a traditional Friday night (Shabbat) bread for Jewish peoples). We were able to mix all of the ingredients together and form the dough. Everyone has dough to bring home! Let it rise over night and you can bake with chocolate chips tomorrow! After we made the dough, we were able to taste some pre-made Challah with honey- everyone loved it!
(Even more photos on Flickr!!)
Have a very lovely New Year to those who celebrate, and everyone enjoy the long weekend. We'll see you on Wednesday.
Books & Songs
- We read: We're Going on a Lion Hunt, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, & The Watermelon Seed
- We sang: Good morning, Around and around, ABCs, "Rachel is in school today, Rachel is in school today, everybody shout HOORAY! Rachel is in school today," Rock-a-bye Baby, & more.
Art & Sensory
- Drawing helicopters with images of real helicopters for inspiration
- Model magic with gems
- We visited the sensory room for the first time this morning! We were able to use the water table, go into a mirror cube with blue lights, and play with magna-tiles
- In the gym we did a lot of hiding in the tunnel
- We sang "Rock-a-bye Baby" while pretending to sleep in the swing
- Yoga after circle time
Math & Manipulatives
- Transparent stackers
- Cars and trucks
- We used: Yeast, sugar, salt, flour, eggs, egg yolks, and honey to make our Challah
- Everyone was able to scoop, pour, mix, and knead