So much fun today! We are getting so comfortable at school. Almost everyone is able to identify each other by name already- we're so proud! The whole group likes to explore together. If Rachel sets something up with the magnet-tiles, everyone comes over and tries it out. We're working on sharing, turn taking, and cooperative play. At lot of times two year olds exhibit more parallel play (next to each other) than playing with one another, but we are already seeing a desire between the children to play with friends rather than alone! This is great!
Another new experience we had today was playing with the parachute in the gym. We rolled on it, jumped, and even hid inside of it!
Books & Songs
- We read: When Sophie Gets Angry, Very, Very Angry, From Head to Toe, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, I'm A Little Teapot . . . and more!
- We sang: There is a girl/boy in school today, Around and Around, Ring Around the Rosy, If You're Happy and You Know It
- And, of course, we practiced more yoga- good thing, too, we were starting to get way too excited and scream during circle time!! (Another sign that we're settled in and happy!!)
Art & Sensory
- Colored glue on clear/transparent cellophane with confetti and gems
- Adding watercolor to our dried glue and salt project
- Water table
- Drawing with tempera sticks at the easel
- Drawing with markers- lots of friends were interested in drawing helicopters today!
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with magna-tiles
- Building with transparent stackers
- Building with train tracks
- Building with people magnets
- Building with unit blocks
- Experimenting with Squigz
Talking about & playing with cars and trucks: https://youtu.be/vzwahmCbu_U
- Parachute play in the gym
- Swinging in the gym
- Yoga in the classroom