Five Little Monkeys is such a popular song in our classroom- I think we might have to be monkeys for Halloween this year! We listened to the Reggae "No More Monkeys" song for most of the morning, played with our stuffed monkeys, and even took our deep monkey breaths for yoga time.
Books & Songs
- We read: From Head to Toe, I Dreamt I Was a Dinosaur, Pete the Cat: My Four Groovy Buttons, One Brown Bunny, Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See?, Pete the Cat: Five LIttle Pumpkins (multiple times!!), Pete the Cat: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, & more!
- We sang: Good morning, Around and Around, Wheels on the Bus, Baa Baa Black Sheep & more
Art & Sensory
- Playdough- practicing to make balls and coils independently
- Drawing on canvas with a black marker; during the next few school days we are going to add a layer of watercolor paint on top
- Drawing with egg shaped crayons at the easel
- Tape! Lots and lots of pieces of tape to stick and pull and explore on the sensory table.
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with hollow blocks- Sanjay kept hopping in and out of the shelf to pick up more of the blocks. He and Samuel worked together to make a really tall tower and counted the blocks. Sanjay was convinced there were 22 blocks!
- Blowing bubbles in the gym
- Playing in a tent in the gym
- Crawling through a tunnel
- Yoga after circle time
- Dressing up in different outfits
- Lots and lots of cooking! We have some aspiring chefs in this group. We're hoping to do some real cooking projects with everyone very soon.