Wow- we are so impressed! Ty, Janaris and myself are so proud of your little ones. We made it through the first week beautifully. Everyone is settling in, becoming more comfortable, and starting to have a lot of fun and laughs. The gym went especially well today, and we played a lot of silly games where the kids ran toward us and "knocked" us over- over and over again! We had a dance party in the classroom while listening to "No More Monkeys" (there's a link in the last blog to listen to the song), and we added a new fun song called "Let's Go Swimming" by Laurie Berkner <- Click to listen! We cannot wait to come back to school next week and start doing more complex and intriguing project work with your children and we'll also be starting to work on our music component.
Do you have any really cool instruments at home that we can use?
Books & Songs
- During circle time we sang: Good morning to you, Around and around, Taxi song, and If You're Happy and You Know it
- Other songs: One little two little three little monkeys, ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, Row Your Boat . . .and lots more
- A selection of books from today: Pete the Cat: Five Little Pumpkins, All Aboard!, Five Stinky Socks, Maisy Goes to Preschool, Five Green and Speckled Frogs, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean . . . and more!
Art & Sensory
- Little lights, flashlights, and model magic
- We finished self portraits today! Come in and check out your child's first portrait. They're pretty abstract right now, but just wait a few months and we'll really start to see some amazing changes.
- Egg shaped crayons at the easel
- A couple of friends went to the sensory room with Ty to explore the water table
- Drawing with Tempera crayons
Math & Manipulatives
- Squigz- Bowen kept sticking the suction cups to the puzzle pieces and then running up to Rachel to say, so proudly, "I DID IT!"
- Train tracks
- Bristle blocks
- Assorted wooden blocks
- Hamish dressed up as the doctor and listened to some friend's heart beats.
- Joseph had a phone conversation and took some pictures
- Zara kept asking Rachel to take her picture and then would close her eyes really tight and giggle when she saw the image on the camera
- Bowen found the Knight's helmet and did some exploring in the mirror. At first she was disoriented and put her arms out as the helmet went over her head. Then she figured out that the helmet was two parts, like a jaw, and played around with the pieces. She uncovered and re-covered her eyes as she watched in the mirror.
- Angelo made up a really fun game in the gym where he launched himself at Rachel and tipped her over! It was a silly silly game with lots of laughter, tickles, and happiness.
- Hamish made up a similar game and jumped into Janaris' arms from the slide.
- A lot of friends got up into the swing and we sang "one little, two little, three little monkeys"