As we settle in, and really start to realize what school is, some of us are crying a little bit more. This is completely normal! Even though we're still having a lot of fun, we're also still sad to see our Mommies, Daddies, and Nannies leave us. It takes time to form really solid and comfortable bonds with each other, and we're still working hard to make connections with each child.
That said- we still had so many fun moments! We also started to see some real favorites that the kids have. They absolutely love listening to the Reggae version of Five Little Monkeys. <- Click to listen. They also love the story Five Little Pumpkins (Pete the Cat version).
And we welcomed a new Tuesday/Thursday friend- Kedar! Welcome to 2A!
We hope to see you tonight at our Separation Anxiety Workshop from 5:30-6:30 tonight- there will be wine and cheese!!
Books & Songs
- If You Take a Mouse to School, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Wheels on the Bus, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, If You're Happy and You Know It, All Aboard, Five Green and Speckled Frogs, Five Little Pumpkins & more- These guys LOVE to read!!!
- A selection of our songs from today include: I'm a Little Teapot, Jump in the Water, Around and Around, Hurry Hurry Drive the Fire Truck, Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, Baa Baa Black Sheep . . .
Art & Sensory
- Blue and Yellow finger paints
- Blue and Yellow sensory bags on the light table
- Oil pastels at the easel
Math & Manipulatives
- Puzzles- jigsaw puzzles
- Train tracks
- Bristle Blocks
- Blue and yellow translucent blocks on the light table
- Squigz (suction cup toys)
- Hollow blocks
- We did our yoga book again this morning. Zara and Ava joined me in becoming lots of different animals.
- In the gym we did a lot of singing and dancing. Some friends got on the swing, went down the slide, and also did "Row your boat" in the wooden boat.
- Everyone has been giving such loving attention to our big giraffe. Hamish gave him lots of hugs today and made sure he had plenty of orange juice to drink. Zara likes to feed him cookies and ice cream.
- Samuel made many many plates of food and made sure Rachel ate them all!
- Ava talked on the phone and took "pictures" with our play cameras.