This morning went so smoothly- we are so very proud of all of your children! They are warming up to us and starting to show us their very fun and unique personalities. I feel like we really started to get into the flow of the school year this morning, and that's so exciting. It's only day two, and already we had so many smiles, so many shared laughs, and happiness and joy in our learning.
Books & Songs
- We read: Pete the Cat: Twinkle Twinkle, Pete the Cat: Old MacDonald Had a Farm, Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes, If You Take a Mouse to School, Mouse's First Day of School, Red Light Green Light, Five Green & Speckled Frogs . . . and more!
- We sang: ABCs, Hurry Hurry Drive the Firetruck, Taxi song, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Good morning, Around and Around, Row row your boat, Five Little Monkeys . . .and more!
- We revisited the gym today and did a lot of singing in there!
- After our morning meeting/circle time, we read the book My First Yoga and practiced all of the moves, which correlated to different animals. We also learned the word "Namaste," which is similar to the word peace.
Art & Sensory
- A few more friends worked on their very first self portraits in their special books. Samuel decided to add some color to his.
- Sand box
- Drawing with markers at the easel
- Drawing with oil pastels at the table
- Playdough and Clay with popsicle sticks
Math & Manipulatives
- We had train tracks out
- Building with hollow & Unit blocks
- Light table - we explored blue and red colors with sensory bags filled with paint and one with shaving cream
- We continued to feed our big giraffe, took care of the babies, and found some play phones and cameras (if you have old cameras that don't work, we'd love to play with them!)