What a great first day of the school year! On a whole, the children did amazing at separating and interacting in the classroom. We were even able to have a circle time with all of our friends sitting and singing together. Every day will get smoother and smoother- thanks for all of your help and support as we start the school year.
Books & Songs
- Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes
- Pete the Cat Wheels on the Bus
- Pete the Cat Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- Panda Bear, Panda Bear What Do You See?
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
- 2 different Pinkalicious Books that Zara brought in for us to share
- Elephant & Piggie- Let's Go For a Drive
- We sang: Good morning to you, Around and around, ABCs (soon we'll try to record some of the songs for you when we're a bit more settled)
Art & Sensory
- Painting with blue, purple, green & orange with fingers, paint brushes and flowers
- Sand table
- Oil pastels at the easel
Math & Manipulatives
- Building with unit and hollow blocks
- Trucks, trains, tractors and all manner of vehicles
- Counting with the story Ten Little Bluebirds
- We had our very first trip to the gym this morning. Everyone was able to run, climb, slide, swing, and throw many many balls. Some of us were not as happy in the gym, but it takes time for us to adjust to the classroom, new faces, new friends, and routines.