Today was Cammy's last day at Buckle My Shoe- so we did activities that we knew he would love. We did some very messy and fun finger paintings (which ended up being even more messy with Joseph and Cammy plunging their hands into the jar of finger paint!), played with trucks and cars, and had a long circle time filled with singing and dancing. We will miss you, Cammy! Best of luck on your move (and come visit us anytime!).
Books & Songs
- We read a really special book that had no words in it: The Conductor. As the pages advanced, more and more birds kept filling up the pages. We talked about how when there are only a few birds, the conductor wants a quiet sound. When the birds fill the page, the sound is LOUD. It was really fun to see how the children easily picked up on loud and quiet just by viewing the images. And there were two different kinds of birds, and we decided that the birds make the "boom - pa" dialogue like the tuba. And sometimes, the birds just said "Tweet tweet," according to Zara. We will keep reading this visual story and adding our own interpretations.
- We also read: Go Away Big Green Monster, Are You My Mother? (did someone leave their copy here last night? We found an extra one), and two special Hanukkah books that Joseph brought in for us to enjoy.
- We sang: Good morning, Get up and dance, Jump in the snow, Days of the week
Art & Sensory
- Watercolor palettes (we are learning this order: water, paint, paper)
- Finger painting
Math & Manipulatives
- Cars, trucks, trains
- Light table with translucent letters
Soccer with Coach Alex
- Today we met Coach Alex! He helped us play soccer today. We had so much fun!
- We learned the crab walk, did some stretching to get our bodies ready for soccer.