This morning we started looking at some Hanukkah traditions. There were Dreidels out on the table to spin and explore the different Hebrew letters. Angelo also noticed that some of the letters had stars by them. Joseph brought in a Menorah or Hanukkiah to look at, and we placed candles inside and counted them. There are 9 candles, including the Shamash (which lights all the other candles), on the Menorah. We also got to talk about all the different colors of the candles. And Angelo said, "Fire!" and we talked about how we light the Menorah but today we'd just look at the candles. Later in the morning we listened to Sevivon Sov Sov Sov, a song about a spinning dreidel, and Hanukkah oh Hanukkah. Ava asked, "What is that?" clearly noticing that the songs were in a different language- Hebrew!
We also met a new friend that will be in our class starting in January. A big welcome to Juliet! Sanjay already had fun listening to her heartbeat today! We can't wait to get to know her better in January.
Books & Songs
- We sang: Good morning, Around and around, Itsy Bitsy Spider (in English and Spanish), ABCs (in French and English), Jingle bells, Days of the week . . .
- We read: Five Green and Speckled Frogs, If You're a Robot and You Know it, and Little Blue Truck
Art & Sensory
- Ava, Zara and Angelo practiced using scissors this morning
- Drawing with markers
- Painting with shaving cream paints
- Painting a big ornament with our leftover salt dough with lots of red, green and glitter! We started off using brushes, but ended up using our hands for most of the painting.
Math & Manipulatives
- Translucent letters on the light table- we spelled names and simple words and sorted the alphabet by color
- Puzzles. Cam worked really hard putting together ducky puzzles.
French with Florence
- Florence told us about Papa Noelle, or Father Christmas (Santa!). We talked about trees, and presents, and all of the fun things that are in store for us this weekend.
- We did a lot of dress up this morning with skirts, dresses, and hats. We also used play cameras and phones, and pretended we were doctors.
- Swinging and fun in the gym!
And here's Bowen's holiday pictures :)