A big thank you to Nina for joining us with Samuel this morning to make some festive wreath treats. We used cornflakes, mini marshmallows, butter, almond and vanilla extract to create almost like a rice crispie treat. Then we decorated with green, red, and white sprinkles. Each child took one home in his/her lunchbox today. Thanks for sharing a fun holiday treat with us!
Also thank you to Zara and her family for shared snack today. We enjoyed Peppermint cookies! Mmm. And some of us learned that we're not too fond of mint! It's always good to try new tastes.
If you haven't already, please please return your permission slip and payment for our upcoming field trip to the NY Philharmonic. Each family should bring the slip and $80 (for two tickets). Please let me know if you need a new slip.
Books & Songs
- We sang: Jingle bells, good morning, around and around, jump in the water, days of the week, today is friday, five little ducks, hush little baby . . .and more! We have been full of passion for singing lately.
- We read: Five Stinky Socks, Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
Art & Sensory
- Painting on mirrors
- Drawing with markers and pastels
- Arranging triangles to make patterns
Math & Manipulatives
- Magna-tiles with some lights hiding inside!
- Block building
- Bristle blocks
Music with Isabella
- We listened to Tubby the Tuba- here's a version I found on youtube if you'd like to hear it at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRrrRMkcGcE
- We talked about high and low pitch
- We played "Boom-pa boom-pa" with two different notes from the xylophone to illustrate the low sound of the tuba.