Our morning was filled with dancing, singing, and laughter! We started singing a new song for the holidays, Jingle Bells. We sang it a few times, used bells while we sang, and also listened to a kids version of jingle bells on youtube. It was so much fun spending the morning dancing and moving our bodies. Some of our dance moves are pretty fun now!
Books & Songs
- We sang: Good morning, Get up and dance, Jingle bells, Skinny-ma-rinky-dinky-dink, Wheels on the bus, Open shut them . . .and many many more!
- We read: The Animal's Santa, Pete the Cat Rocking in my School Shoes, We're Going on a Lion Hunt, Five Green and Speckled Frogs, The Gruffalo, The Lucky Ducklings
Art & Sensory
- Painting a backdrop for some fun photos
- Drawing with oil pastels
Math & Manipulatives
- A special block Christmas tree was waiting for us this morning! There were magical lights on it, and we used our animals as decorations. We also put our picture blocks on the tree.
- Ava said, "I love Dylan" and found both of their blocks and put them next to each other on the tree. Then Dylan said, "And we need Bowen."
- Building with duplo legos
- Magna-tiles. Joseph made a train, and then helped Rachel with a big house
- Samuel gave the giraffe lots of tea this morning!
- Joseph also did some cooking in the kitchen.
Music with Evan
- Evan sang an alphabet song inspired by Joseph's Cookie Monster
- We got to try out Evan's Kalimba instrument. One side is a gourd, and the other has metal pieces that you tap with your thumbs.