This morning was full of focused work! We created our December self portraits and took new photos to hang up in the classroom. Come in and check out our new work- it should be up Friday afternoon!
A big thank you to everyone who was able to attend our potluck yesterday evening- it was so wonderful to share our cultures and have some time to eat together. I'm looking forward to receiving everyone's recipes so we can recreate these beautiful dishes! We're going to continue sharing our cultures and traditions as the year continues, and everyone will have ample opportunities to come in and share a little bit about where your family is from. More details will come soon.
Don't forget that our Room to Grow drive has officially begun and we are accepting donations. There will be bins in the front of the school where you can drop off clothing, toys, books, blankets, etc. Thank you so much for your support of this amazing local charity.
Books & Songs
- Five Green and Speckled Frogs, Not a Box, Ten Gingerbread Men
- We sang: Days of the week, ABC in English and in French (we LOVE singing the ABCs in French; it's only slightly different than the English version), we also sang the Hebrew alphabet. Our love for letters is increasing every day.
Art & Sensory
- Clay work with tools- we made lots of flat pancakes, snakes, and balls
- Drawing with markers and practicing circles
- Self portraits for December
Math & Manipulatives
- We were being really silly and sticking the squigz (suction cups) to our heads!
- Block building
Music with Evan
- We met Evan's friend Shooby, a little troll and we danced with her!
- We sang a song about roaring and stomping like dinosaurs
- Everyone got to strum Evan's guitar
More photos tomorrow, sorry!!!