*Sorry- there are tons of photos on the Flickr today but I wasn't able to get a lot onto the blog.
Today your little ones created a compelling story with a beginning, middle and end! We are beginning to expand our vocabularies, understand story structure, sequencing, and characterization. A goal we have is to start creating stories as often as possible, giving the children an outlet and a voice to be creative and confident in language.
Once upon a time, there was a little rainbow . . .
Maybe the rainbow fell down (Samuel). The rainbow is so sad now (Zara). It cried (Sanjay)! It cried and cried (Samuel). And then it fell asleep (Zara). And then the rainbow went on the rug (Dylan). Bowen stepped on the rainbow (Ava). Rainbow got stepped on (Samuel). She was sorry she stepped on the rainbow (Zara). Make it feel better! Make that rainbow feel better (Samuel). The end!
Books & Songs
- We read: If You're a Robot and You Know it, Waking Dragons, All Aboard!, Firebears the Rescue Team and more!
- We sang: Rainbow song, Days of the week, Good morning, Wheels on the bus
Art & Sensory
- Painting with shaving cream puffy paint & sprinkling salt on it to see the paint get absorbed
- Practice working with glue sticks & black paper
- Drawing lines with markers
- Making cocoa peppermint playdough
- We have continued to be interested in wearing and sharing hats
- Making pancakes in the kitchen
Soccer with Coach Zack
- Today we "made cupcakes" with the cones and soccer balls and baked it in the net "oven."
- We are still working hard on not using our hands- it's so hard!