In preparation for our potluck tomorrow (5-6pm), we started to talk about our favorite things to cook.
Samuel: Cookies! Nothing else.
Zara: I like to cook with Daddy. We make a restaurant. I make cookies too.
Hamish: I cook orange!
Sanjay: I like to cook beans and rice in a bowl.
Books & Songs
- The Gruffalo's Child, Five Green and Speckled Frogs, Not a Box, Red Light Green Light
- We sang: Days of the week, good morning, ABCs (in English and in French- we decided we like it better in French), Skinny ma rinky dinky dink
- We talked about the letter D today. Dylan was so excited that it was his letter! We also made a list of other words that start with D: Day, Drink, Dog, Dance, Dinosaur . . . and we forgot all about the word Daddy!! Silly us, we'll have to add it to our list tomorrow. As always, everyone had a turn to try and draw the letter D as well.
Art & Sensory
- Drawing with white crayons and then using watercolor paints - Sanjay was so fascinated with the blending of colors that he sat and made two separate paintings.
- Drawing what we like to cook
- Drawing on paper with magazine images. Hamish made a picture of a lizard (which was from the magazine) eating a pumpkin! Dylan found a picture with a cloud and it looks like he made rain coming down from the cloud.
- Exploring felt balls in all of the colors of the rainbow
Bears Bears Bears!
- Our bears came down today and played with us. We brought them to different parts of the room and had them participate in some activities with us. Some of the bears even jumped in the felt ball bin!
- Zara and Samuel started to decorate shoeboxes that will become the bears' beds and homes. Zara wanted to make sure the bed was soft and that the bear would have a pillow and blanket, too.
Math & Manipulatives
- Samuel became the big bad wolf today! He huffed and he puffed and he blew over a bunch of translucent blocks on the light table! His friends laughed, and Zara tried to do the same thing that Samuel was doing. Sometimes the blocks bumped Samuel when they fell forward rather than backward, and that caused a lot of giggles too. What a wonderful way to play with balance, gravity, thin vs thick, vertical vs horizontal, and color and light!
- Hamish did a lot of stacking with the hollow blocks today. He liked starting his stack on the furniture and then built it up taller than his head!
- Building train tracks- Ava and Kedar worked on building a big train track
- Climbing and sliding in the gym today!
- We also had some movement during our fire drill! Because it was raining we went through the building and waiting by Arcade bakery for our fire drill. We did such an amazing job holding teacher and friend's hands! We all stayed together and said "HERE" really loud when we called out names. Great job, 2A!