We started talking about how next week another holiday is happening- Thanksgiving. We said that Thanksgiving is about saying thanks and to think about what things and what people make us happy. Here are some of the beautiful responses we captured:
What makes you happy? Who?
Dylan: D for Dylan. M for Mama. A for Abba. I for Ima. B for Baraki!
Ava: Cupcakes! Mommy and Daddy. Michael Patrick, my Daddy. Elizabeth is my Mommy. Sissy is my sister. Ivy, my doggy. A rainbow!
Sanjay: My grandpa, Tata and Tati. Amma and Abba. And Ava and Zara. And Hamish and Angelo and Dylan. They really make me happy. And Auntie, too.
Samuel: Poppy and Mommy. Alexander, too. Doggies and milk. Cows!
Angelo: My Mommy. Ines. My Daddy. Ava make Angelo happy.
Zara: My Daddy, Samir. And Monali, too. Emil and Remy. I love french fries with Remy. I like ketchup. And orange juice until it's finished.
Hamish: Grandma and Grandpa. Mommy and Daddy and Hamish.
Cammy: Mommy! Daddy! Marilyn!
Joseph: Nona, Nono. Ava. Mama. Dada. Blue one.
And everyday, Rachel, Janaris and Ty are thankful for your beautiful little children and their free spirits and unending creativity and passion! We will work on a special present to send home (hopefully we can get it finished for Friday as we know many of you will be traveling next week).
Books & Songs
- We read: Dragons Love Tacos, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, If You're a Robot and You Know It, Panda Bear, Panda Bear, Moo Baa La La La, a Superman book that Angelo brought in (although Rachel made up all the words!), and more!
- We sang: Good morning, Open shut them, Days of the week, Wheels on the bus, There is a girl/boy in school today, Ring around the rosie, If you're happy and you know it, & more!
Art & Sensory
- Experimenting with sheets of aluminum foil and tealights
- Painting with forks instead of paint brushes
- Cocoa mint playdough
- Rolling and unraveling a large roll of paper
- Tinkering with recyclables
- Drawing with tempera sticks- Ava made a butterfly that she wanted to hang up on the wall, so we started a little gallery of drawings
- We had a little pile of mail built up from the last week. We had two postcards from Israel from Joseph's friends who are visiting there. We also had a card from a school in Virginia- they sent us a photo of their class at a pumpkin patch!
- We have one more to open tomorrow from Ava's family in San Francisco
- We are going to become penpals with a Reggio Inspired school in Ireland- we are getting a package ready to mail to them this week!
Math & Manipulatives
- Playing with squigz, suction cups
- Bristle blocks
- Unit blocks
Soccer with Coach Zack
- We pretended to plant seeds and help them grow into trees and flowers through different soccer moves. We had turns to make big kicks, balance cones and try to move the balls through the cones.
- We want to make more robots, so if you have any interesting recycled materials, please bring them in for us to use. I am also gathering boxes to see if we can make a cardboard robot.