The big topic of the day: What is inside a pumpkin? What could possibly be in there? We used some special carving tools to take the top off of the pumpkin and carefully peered inside. Here are our predictions before we opened that pumpkin up:
Dylan- Carrots. Or toys.
Ava- A baby pumpkin.
Samuel- A toy!
Zara- A toy?
Then, once the top was off, Zara proudly exclaimed: "Seeds!"
Books & Songs
- We read: Panda Bear, Panda Bear; A Fantastic Pumpkin; It's Fall!; Where is the Green Sheep?; Pete the Cat: Twinkle Twinkle
- We sang: Wheels on the bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, ABCs, Good Morning, Around and around, Five little pumpkins, Days of the week & more!
Art & Sensory
- Dylan's family provided small pumpkins for each child and we started decorating them today. Each child was able to pick out at least three colors and squeeze the paint onto the pumpkin. They came out fantastic. We can't wait to display them for our party on Monday!!
- Painting with autumn themed colors.
- Pumpkin carving. When Samuel touched the pumpkin "guts" he said it felt "fluffy!" and Sanjay thought it was "Slimy."
Math & Manipulatives
- Train tracks- Hamish took the basket down and started building the track by himself.
- Bristle blocks
- Building with magna-tiles on the light table
- Dylan used the whisk to whip up some yummy dishes for the big giraffe this morning.
- Kedar continued testing out different hats and helmets to see which will tumble off of his head! He giggles each time, and enjoys seeing hats fall off of Rachel, too.
French with Florence
- This morning we met Nanu, the donkey puppet. He was very hungry and we fed him apples and carrots until he was full. We did a lot of counting and pretending to reach for apples up in the tree.
A special Guest!
- Josie, one of the teachers from the 3's class came for a little visit this morning and sang a song with us. She had beautiful illustrations and even a little scarecrow that came out to say hello to us. The song she helped us learn is called "The Dingle Dangle Scarecrow." The kids loved it!!
- In the gym we did balancing, running, throwing and catching balls, and strengthening our connections to one another by engaging peers to play.